Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sum 41: Does This Look Infected? 10th Anniversary Tour

Sum 41
Does This Look Infected? 10th Anniversary Tour
November 3, 2012
Bogarts
Cincinnati, Ohio






















I have been a fan of Sum 41 for as long as I can remember. I never got the chance to see them until this weekend. I stood outside in the cold and the rain to get front row and to get a few decent pictures with my semi professional camera. People came in and out of the venue all day. Right as they were getting ready to open the doors and let everyone in, a lady who either worked for the band or worked for the venue, looked at me and told me that I was not able to have my camera inside unless I had a photo pass. Obviously I didn't, so I had to leave and go grab my compact camera. By time I got back, they were letting people inside and I had lost my spot.
     I was pretty disappointed about that because I had been looking forwards to using that camera at a concert again, for a while now. Most general admission concerts will let you bring in a semi or full professional camera, which is how I've been able to use my camera at concerts. But according to the lady, I couldn't take my camera in because the band had their own professional photographer.
     Luckily I had my compact camera and was able to use that. I would say I still managed to get some pretty decent shots. The crowd was insane, which I figured that much. I mean, it's Sum 41. Their music is the kind of music that make people go nuts and have an amazing time.
     The bands energy on stage was amazing. Even after being a band for so many years, and being a band that most of the people in that venue grew up listening to, they still seem to enjoy performing for the fans. That's what makes a concert so enjoyable. If the band doesn't seem to be having a good time and is just standing there like they don't know what they're doing or like they'd rather not be there, the concert isn't half as enjoyable as it would be if the band was enjoying it themselves.
     Despite the complications in the beginning, I still had an amazing time. Seeing a band for the first time, after wanting to see them for so many years, is quite an experience. I would most definitely go see them again if I ever get the chance

No comments:

Post a Comment